has offered natural remedies since 1847. In 1847, Henry Thayer M.D.,
opened a laboratory on Main Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts to
produce his newly developed line of herbal extracts for sale to the
medical profession. After Dr. Thayer died in 1902, ownership of the
business passed on several times. The nature of the business changed
from emphasis on extracts of herbs to the preparation and sale of
compound formulas marketed to the public through drug stores as
"patent" medicines. Included were a line? of lozenges, including
Slippery Elm Lozenges.
A longstanding commitment to making
effective, natural remedies with high-quality ingredients has ensured
Thayers' longevity. Its owners are confident that with this unwavering
dedication, the company will flourish throughout the 21st Century.
Learn How to Become a Patient